Even before your first job, there is a job you take up as a trainee and technically it becomes your first job, it is called an internship. It is the first practical exposure that you get as a student after you are through with all the theory.
Writing a resume for an internship interview sounds like a daunting task as you are writing a resume for the first time with no job experience at all. The question- what to put on an internship resume may boggle you until you understand what exactly and precisely to put on it.
Here are 5 Things you should Always Consider while you Write your Internship Resume
1. Special Skills You Acquired- College days are about academics as well as a lot of spare time. You might have gained some knowledge while working in your spare time on programming say. Internship resume is the best place to write it down, it talks a lot about you like it shows you acquired a skill all by yourself in your spare time.
2. Training- Another thing you shouldn’t miss out to add to your internship resume is the training you had. If you underwent any sort of training; vocational or nonvocational at any time, mentioning them in the resume can give an upper edge even when you do not have practical experience.
3. Extracurricular- Telling them about extracurricular activities you were involved in is like telling about yourself. Take a note, that the best way to gauge the other aspects of your personality like leadership skills, team skills etc. is through knowing how well you conduct in real life situations. Nothing could beat if you have been involved in extracurricular activities which are directly related to the job you are seeking.
4. Volunteering with Learning- Volunteering is surely far away from training and a little away from extracurricular, yet it could prove to be worth if accompanied by learning. Just like extracurricular talks a lot about your personality, volunteering also helps in unveiling soft skills.
5. Recognitions- You won a prize at a science fair, got recognition for a project you completed recently in the college or your story out of hundreds of others got published in a literary magazine, it is an achievement. Mention all achievements and awards you have received all throughout.
Writing a resume for internship might be your ticket to your first job and you may graduate from a trainee to a full-time employee